how simple minded can some people be?

uh i hate people that are rasict..like my DF father..he hates me because im puerto rican..hes the ONLY ONE THAT HATES ME..hes always has a side comment about me being spanish..i hate it..my DF gets so mad, he yelled at his dad a couple of times..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Sorry!!! I would tell him that you being Puerto Rican is not the problem! the problem is he is a simple minded Jackass!
    maciemay

Answer by maciemay at 12:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I can only imagine how hard it must be when he makes his rude comments. Some peoples comments can be so hateful, but honestly it just shows off their ignorance and how much you Shouldn't waste your time or effort worrying about it. The more you worry or let it get to you the more power you give his words and comments when you see him and the more they will bother you, if that makes sense. I would try to ignore him and if he keeps saying things then just tell him and your DF that you cannot be around him, because it's just not worth it to spend you time around people like that even if he is technically family. Luck to you!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• thanks..its just hard to..but i know being a mother matured me to no end...because if i didnt have her, more then likely i would of flipped out..not only did he say it to me, but some guy was over there, one of DF cousin boyfriends, and my DF father goes, your better not get my niece pregnant, i dont want no little nigger babies running around my house! omg..i stood up and left..i cant hear that shit..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• May I ask what is DF, if your talking about your husband it would be DH.
    Don't let it get to you, it just shows how in mature he is...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• DF. is the same as DH except that the F stands for fiance where as H would be husband. :) I am getting the hang of all the letters people use on here instead of full words.

I am sorry to hear that he is treating you and others this way. I can say that you are a stronger person than me. I would have flipped and refused to be around him anymore.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• He is insecure and reaching for security where he thinks he can find it: putting other people down. Since he's the first one down there, he wants company.

He probably feels stupid only knowing one language, so needs to make a big deal about your other one in order to not feel intimidated by you all the time.

If you can, it helps to be totally ignore it --it is sheer ignorance, after all-- and because, truly, what he thinks of you is none of your business. Leave him to his misery and go have a happy life. Be ridiculously polite to him whenever you see him. They just don't know how to deal with that, and it's fun watching them squirm.

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Wow, that's a horrible feeling to be hated for no reason.
    Next time he makes a nasty remark about you being Spanish look him in the face and start speaking some Spanish and do some motions with your hands. Then when you stop turn about and walk out. Just say a nursery rhyme or something - he probably doesn't know Spanish (hopefully, you do). If he gets all flustered and asks your DF what you said your DF can say you put a curse on him or something....lol. Let him sweat it out.
    Personally, I wouldn't be in his presence for anything in the world. Can you and DF meet anywhere else except for where his father is?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2009