Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a skin tag?

saw a recent question never heard of it before and was just wondering

Answer Question

Asked by aidensmama8 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • like a tiny growth

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • They're tiny (like the size of a matchhead) flaps of skin that develop as people age, usually in places where their clothes rub, like underarms and around pantylines.

    Answer by LindaClement at 2:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • an epithelioma. teehee. it's a benign outgrowth of the epithelium tissue, harmless and occurs with age in areas around the neck, under breasts, armpits.

    Answer by jewjewbee at 8:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • I would also like to add they are hereditary from what I have been told by my Dermatologist.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • Almost like a little mole---they are harmless, BUT if you have a lot of them and are young, get checked for diabetes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN