Am I the only widowed Mom on this site? How many of you are prepared if this happens to you, I wasn't.

3cannons

Asked by 3cannons at 12:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

• you are probably not the only widowed mom here. In fact, if you search the groups you can probably find a group of widowed moms.

However, as of right now if my husband dies ...i would be financially set for a while. (i don't think anyone is ever emotionally prepared for that). And i know my IL's would help me, but i would have to return to school, and we'd be in one big legal dispute in regards to my DSS
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Emotionally I will never be prepared. Finanacially we would be okay my house and cars would get paid off our bills would be paid off and the kids and I would have a years worth of expenses paid for. We sat down and figured it out because I know that if it ever happened that i would not be able to just go find a job, I would probably be a mess for quite while. My DH wanted to make sure that I could have everything paid off and have enough to live on for a year so that the kids and I could have time to adjust.

My DH is a veteran so his bural is covered. I pray everyday when he leaves for work that I never have to use any of that insurance, he has a high risk job so we made sure we were prepared financially.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/29/

This is a group of women who are widowed. Welcome to CafeMom. Sorry for your loss.

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• And financially, yes we're prepared, but emotionally, I can't imagine my life w/o him. I can't imagine our son's life w/o him. I can't imagine......
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2009