textbooks

Where's the best place to buy college textbooks? It doesn't have to be brand new but I need it to be cheap and in good shape

tasha080808

Asked by tasha080808 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in

• half.com is a good one.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• www.abebooks.com is a huge clearinghouse of independent second-hand book sellers, with their whole inventories online.

Also, most colleges and universities buy back old texts and resell them at lower prices (although nowhere near as low as used bookstores).

Check to make sure you get the right edition: one reasons texts are expensive is because they're revised and updated often.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• seriously ebay. Ive gotten many
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• http://www.bookfinder4u.com/cheap_textbooks_noindex.html

This website lets you compare book prices with Barnes and Noble, ecampus, and many other used book websites.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• http://www.chegg.com/ 

is a textbook rental site. I got my Governemnt book for $30 vs. $90 at the bookstore (used). Great site for books you know you wont be keeping for future reference.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 11:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Your college bookstore. After the trouble my friends had this semester with recieving the wrong books from ebay, I will never buy a book anywhere but the bookstore. I know one person who still hasn't gotten her books and the semester is 6 weeks into a 13 week semester. She ordered her books in August. Can't really pass a class without the books.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2009