Has anyone else cut off a sister

I have alway had a hard time getting along with my sister, she tend to yell and just in general has a snotty attitude an example would be years ago I asked her what she did and she got all pissed off and said I can't believe you don't f%ckn know. This is just one small thing. Bottom line we never get along and today was the breaking point I have had it thinking that this will be the time we get along when she is in town. It breaks my heart but I can not have her in my life. I am literally sick to my stomach. she is just down rite mean. I can't have my kids seeing such irrational fighting. Today was the first and last time for that. I am so heart broken, but at the same time feel like cutting her off is a good choice.

thenewmum

Asked by thenewmum at 1:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• no, forgive her and watch your deadly weapon the tongue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes. I had to kick my sister out of my life almost 5 years ago. My sister is not mentally healthy. All she knows how to do is use and abuse people (physically and mentally). I had enough. My life is drama free without her in it.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i wouldnt say i have a deadly tongue until she starts screaming f u. If I had the time to tell u that crap she says ud be shocked. She is mean I honestly don't know how anyone gets along with her. If fact she doesn't talk to my dad or my other sister for years and today I told her I wont be either. I can't do it she has nothing nice to say.
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 1:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• yes. about 3 months ago my sister invaded my privacy going thru emails, getting into things not her bussiness. also whenever i go visit my parents (i live 2500 miles away) she is always snotty(he stil lives there shes 18) didntsay goodbye when i left, she is just hateful , so after this last incident she is cut out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It is unfortunate when you feel that you have to sever a sibling relationship with someone that you have been raised in the same house with. It would seem that you both would have somewhat of the the same values being raised by the same parent or parents. It is so strange just how you can be such different people. Although, I suppose that it is the indiviual life experiences growing up that must make that so. My older sister is not mentally in control of her facalties and she created the problems between us and therefore lies the estrangement in the valley of the dolls.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 12:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009