How long did it take you to find your new SO after your Child's Father and you broke up? Im scared.

I am afraid im never going to find someone else that wants to be with someone with kids. Let alone TWO kids.
Was it hard? I dont want to be single forever. And i cant exactly get out of the house often...just grocery shopping pretty much. HELP!

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 1:15 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well im still with the father of my dd, but ive read some of your questions before about him and hes nothing to fret over. anywho..when the right guy is there you will know. and any man who doesnt accept your twins is rediculous. he will come when you least expect it, just spend time getting yourself together and he will arrive:) good luck
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:19 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My daughter's father left me when I got pregnant. I started dating my hubby when she was 6 months old, but I met him when I was 12..
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• join the cub scouts? maybe you will find a single dad??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• What you need to do is focus on being a mom to those precious baby boys. They need you to figure out you and they need you to get over the ex.
    Work on making yourself a better person that doesn't need a man to solve her problems. You need to start liking yourself enough that you know your worth. So that you can set a good example for your boys. You need to be a strong single mom for a while.
    When you stop looking is when you will find the right one.
    Best wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Don't worry right now. You just focus on your wonderful twins AND yourself. Find ways to build your self confidence without a man for now. The right person will come along when you least expect it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Thank you so much ladies :)
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Your a kid. Why are you worried about forever? Just slow down. Spend time with your babies. Show them how to be strong and independent. You can't force love. It just happens. I actually met my husband at a grocery store. We've been married 5 years now. Worry about taking care of yourself and your children before you worry about getting a man in your life. Adding a male figure to their lives is an important decision not to be made lightly.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It wasn't difficult for me to find someone to take me out and have sex with a few times. Then I got herpes on top of having a kid. I'm not the lying type so I didn't have anyone else for over a year. Then I met the man who loves my son as much as I do and we're happily living together. I remember at the time it seemed to take forever but now it seems like a day or two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It's been almost 11 years, I'm still looking girl!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Too be honest, I am not sure. And it is different from person to person...the best advice I got was stop trying so hard, it will happen when you least expect it. Focus on you, figure out what makes you happy, what makes those boys happy, and move on, not sure if it is what you want to hear but i think you need to be reminded you are a woman, who (almost) single-handily created 2 healthy and beautiful baby boys, and have done such a great job, and you never quit when the going got tough. being scared realisticly is all part of being a mother, but if you strive for your boys I promise you will come out on top. and I am here if you need an ear..seriously that is what this sight is for.
    momy2emma

Answer by momy2emma at 3:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2009