...Am I the only mom on here that..

That just dont ever want to get married.. I want to meet a guy that wants to be with me and my kids out of choice everyday.. not cause we are married..
Am I alone in this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm very happily unmarried to my s/o of 10 years! We don't feel like a ceremony or the court should announce how much we love each other. We've talked to our families and church about it. God has approved our feelings and thats all we need. If we have the money to have a huge wedding one day then we would, but we're not counting on the lottery.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 2:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am married, but my husband and I do not have to be together. We choose to be together. Each of us would do just fine on our own. We are not dependent on each other financially. I think the fact that we are together by choice and not by necessity is what gives us such a strong marriage.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am married, and I believe that my husband is here because he chooses to be here, not because we are married. No one HAS to stay just because they are married... there is a thing called divorce. I think you may be looking at it the wrong way, or maybe you are afraid of being left or something. Marriage is a commitment to eachother, not a forced prison sentence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• WOW...I feel sorry for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• sound like you are more afraid of yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am married so I can't say that I understand how you feel but I know that my husband and I are together because we choose to be and because we love each other. That is why we got married. We may be from the south but shotgun weddings went out many years ago. No one forced us to marry or to stay married everyday. It is a choice we make out of love for one another not because a piece of paper says we have to be.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well my husband is with me each day because he choses to be. Marriage is something we both wanted. I was in a coma for 6 months my parents didn't like him even though we had lived together for 7 years. They kicked him out of our house it was in my name. They drained the bank accounts I was the primary since I opened the account. He was left homeless and without funds and could not see me. I woke up from my coma and we got married a few weeks later. I wanted to make sure no one could screw him or me over again. That piece of paper is important and does protect you and makes sure the one you love makes decisions you would want when you can't.

Marriage is for the strong so maybe you are not strong enough for that responsibility. At least you know it and are not getting married when not ready. I just feel sorry for kids who have no security because mom bed hops and won't commit to anyone but herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i can relate i'm not married and weve been together 9 yr and have 2 boys, we take it day by day, the paper is important to have if you trust and if needed to depend on another but i chose not to for other reasons, such as i don't have a father and would want a traditional wedding i do not trust so with same accounts. marriage is not necessary this day an age, it's really all about loving one another thru rocky times and what not, only yrs will tell
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am married today because I have chosen, sometimes through very difficult years, to stay married. In fact, I am happily married today because of those choices. I mean: I am happily married, and if I'd chosen to walk away because it wasn't fun, or easy or 100% for me the whole time, I certainly would not still be madly in love with my childhood sweetheart.

I know lots of people who aren't married... and the very first time it turns out that they are on the losing side of some tax advantage or next-of-kin issue, they run off to do the paperwork.

I'm married because I choose to stay married (not because I'm married, if you see the distinction) --no force on the planet can keep someone married who doesn't want to be. I like the overt commitment because it keeps the decision from having to be re-evaluated every time something uncomfortable happens.

I don't depend on dh --I love him and he loves me. It's why we wed.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Op here didnt mean it like marriage is bad and that if ur married just meant it as a I dont have the need to be married I just dont see myself being married.. I dont know maybe its hard to understand..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009