Question about my 19month old

Here before the past week my son has been eating so good.. Now he dont eat much at all... He is not sick i do know that.. All we wants to drink is his milk and I dont give him much of that... When he eats he only eats a bit or 2 and thats it? What could this be? Should I call his doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is he getting new teeth maybe? If he is, it could just be painful for him to chew right now. Unless he starts to lose a significant amount of weight, I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My pediatrician says that toddlers eating habits can be erratic, and that's normal. They can be finicky eaters. Just keep a close eye on him, and if he goes more than a day or so without eating well, then I would call the Doctor. Good luck!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• He could just be coming down with something, but this is the age for parents to get freaked out by their children's appetites and to start cajoling and introducing inappropriate choices so they'll 'eat something.'

It is normal at this age for kids' appetites to virtually disappear: they're not growing nearly as fast as they were and they simply do not need anywhere near as much food, period.

Relax, make sure that 100% of what is available to him is quality, simple food, and let his appetite rule, because his body (and no one else) knows what it needs.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• nah give the kid milk. whole milk!
    make food fun! be creative! , silly faces out of foods, fingers out of a sandwich, peanut butter and a bit of chocalate spread is a favourite. get sectional plates with diferent food options or slowly ration it out protien first then a vegy then a carb because his attention span is short, keep food around to nosh on pretzels , carrots...nuts. my kids love edamame great protien and reminds them of mms and the whole pod thing fascinating, but if he want to drink his diet take out the blender protien powder is great he'd love it! remember it's all phases
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• my son has recently been doing this same thing. he's never been an excessive eater or too crazy about food but now he's just been eating a couple bites here and there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2009