Are you ashamed of your house?

I am. My house is so bad. I am so sick all the time. I am hurting and tired. I feel that is not an excuse. I push and push but cannot get much done. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I am with you babe. It will get better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• When your house grows up and leaves home, it won't need therapy for all the years of neglect.

Stop pushing.

Half of what you are pushing against is your own resistance (for whatever reason) to doing it, plus whatever energy/physical issues you face. If you put it down for a few days and pick up the things that you care about, and that you enjoy doing, and that matter to you, you'll find that not only does it not take very long, but it's kinda energizing.

Everything else is no biggie. People all over the world thrive with a very limited, simply diet... yes, the same thing every day for breakfast, every day of the year. People all over the world live in the same 2 pair of pants and 3 shirts that are their whole wardrobe. Dirty floors encourage shoe-wearing indoors, still the 'norm' in many Western countries. You do not need a toilet you can wash your face in.

If friends judge your house, let them do it.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• sure i live in a shack with a tin roof, but the inside is clean and clutter free. start in one corner work your way out
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 2:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i so am the same way omg my husbands family is throwin me a baby shower this sunday and im like where in the world am i goin to put everything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I hear you. There are times when I have the energy to do a total spring clean, but with a child only the minimal stuff gets done. On top of this I'm recovering from major shoulder surgery, so needless to say some things don't get done- when I'd like them to be
    It's hard to relax in clutter sometimes. But you're not lazy, and don't put yourself down for letting your house get a little messy. Perhaps on a day you are feeling better get the house into the shape you want it to be in and that is easily maintainable, or ask for help. That way if you continue to feel blah it won't get so overwhelming. :)
    luvububee

Answer by luvububee at 2:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• under beds, in closet, anywhere else hidden..lol!! i have 3 kids and i'll go to start a spring cleaning type project and then i'll have to do things with them and they will need something, etc..and if i don't get it done i literally will find a hidden place for it until i can get to it!! sometimes u gotta do what u gotta do
    WAREIZLILYBUGZ

Answer by WAREIZLILYBUGZ at 2:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• OP: that is the point. My house is not messy. It is dirty. And no matter how much I clean it doesn't get and stay clean. AT ALL. My kids are older and help, but it still is gross. Not just messy. GROSS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If your house is getting that dirty with you cleaning it regularly, then maybe it is time to rethink what's in your house & is it really set up to work w/your lifestyle? Do you really need (not want, but NEED) everything that is in your house that you are having to clean and/or shift about? What's in your way? What do you hate? What isn't useful in your house to use in the rest of your life? Are you keeping things just to keep them? Ask yourself all these questions, then get rid of stuff - give it away, sell it, donate it, whatever....just get it out of the house. Remember, the more stuff you have, the more stuff you have to clean!

You may also want to change out whatever cleaning products you are using b/c some products leave a residue that attracts dirt. Get rid of the commerical cleaners & switch to cleaning everything w/white vinegar & water (50/50 mix). It won't leave a residue & your house will be clean & disinfected.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I am. I used to clean all the time. But after 3 kids, it's just always messy. Plus my stuff, and hubby's stuff. I don't make my kids clean like I should, I do it. But then I don't, cause I'm tired of cleaning just for them to go and muck it up again. My house isn't dirty, just messy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No. I'm very proud of my house. I've worked hard to decorate it the way I want it and I continue to work hard to keep it a healthy, comfortable environment for my family.
    Anonymous