Do you have the same tree theme/ ornaments out each Christmas?

We have a few trees (small trees for the kids' rooms, a bigger one for the living room)
I am thinking of doing them all in a theme! Wish me luck!

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 1:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, but always adding!
    MomEof2mj

Answer by MomEof2mj at 1:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• we did till this year we are haveing a boy in january so we decided to tell evryone on christmas by doing all baby blue ornaments and next year we are doing it in babys first year i cant wait for that one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• uhhh...No
    My son and I usually decorate some plain glass ornaments and he makes some at school in art class. It feels more "homey" than having one of those "Cookie cutter Martha Stewart" trees. My ex Monster-in-law does this. It does nothing for me or my son. My son made her an ornament and she flat out refused in front of my son and was kinda nasty about it. I'm like DUDE! He's 9!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We make 99% of our tree decorations homemade. We make little candy canes with pipe cleaners (chenille stems), we paint wooden ornaments, we make cinnamon applesauce cookie ornaments that we cut out with cookie cutters and paint with glitter paint, and we make little present ornaments by wrapping small boxes (like 2" square) we buy at Michael's craft store with beautiful wrapping paper. The other ornaments on our tree are just some crocheted snowflakes I bought online, but they are beautiful. We enjoy making our ornaments homemade, and we love the smell of the cinnamon applesauce cookie ornaments hanging on the fresh Christmas tree too. My boys are 10 and 12, and my daughter is 5, and they all still love making ornaments, it's kind of our holiday tradition.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes and we always add new ornaments each year, too.
    I have a collection of ornaments since my first daughter's birth and we buy several new ones each year. We also get some as gifts and the girls made some in school when they were young. My tree tells a 'story' of our family life throughout the years.
    We only have one tree, though. I've never heard of having more than one tree. Do gifts get placed under all the trees or are they all for decoration and one of them is the gift tree? Just curious.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I do my tree every year in characters that the grandkids like. I have Scooby Doo, Dora, Ninja turtles, superman, Spiderman, Hannah Montana, high school musical, and characters based on movies like frosty the snowman, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, Santa Claus is coming to town, A Christmas story. My grandkids love my tree every year.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 5:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Since I'm old and have been collecting for MANY years, I DO have a lot of different themes I can use and several choices of trees as well. I have all santa stuff, all snowman stuff, birds and fruit ornaments, Barbie themed (I have girls) little toys...and probably more if I stop and think. This year I'll be bringing out the little bird ornaments and the fruit. They kind of go together.
    The house gets decorated in the same theme. I just LOVE Christmas!
    Happy birthday Jesus! Celebrate Him! :)
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 6:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My trees have the same ornaments on them each yr but the entire house is done differently yrly.
    My gs has his own tree with all of the ornaments that he has gotten and gets yrly... he is 8 now and his tree is 7ft and full...
    I start early decorating and am tweaking thru out the season... this yr tho I will be adding a few more outdoor items thru-out Nov and first part of Dec.. as I get them...
    I Love Bronners ... and Christmas...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have one big tree that's silvers and purples. I have a smaller tree that's reds and greens. :)
    purplemoosemom

Answer by purplemoosemom at 8:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I help put up a Christmas tree at my mamaw's,my mom's&my MIL's,lol...My grandmother has ornaments from when her kids were little&then when I was little but she adds 1 or 2 new ones a year so her's is a homey theme,lol...My MIL is the same way but my mom always does a blue&silver theme on her tree-all the ornaments are only those 2 colors&the tree looks amazing
    Cloud_Dancer09

Answer by Cloud_Dancer09 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2009