Anyone dealt with a husband who cheated and survived to endure a happy marriage after all?

My husband is currently "working on his wrongs" and is away at rehab. He is ever hopeful to regain my trust and be the father and husband he always strived for before he fell off.

MomEof2mj

Asked by MomEof2mj at 1:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• sure it can happen it's all up to yu and him, my dh cheated and emotianally left me/ us when my boys were 4 mo i left move d tomy moms and7mo later he cleaned up and we moved back there are alot of trust and respect issues we need to deal with but we r willing to for our sakes as well as the kids we do love each other after all... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I hope wherever he's being spin dried, the folks in charge know the futility of 'working on weaknesses' and spend their time helping him address and lead with his strengths. I bet you a dollar he already feels like a complete shit, and having someone bleat on about his weaknesses and what he has to do to address them will not have a positive or happy ending.

And the answer to your question is 'yes.' 24 years.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i was neglectingm y husbad and this gives no right to why he cheated..it took a lot, but he straightened his ass up! and we are happy and he is a good man..if he did it again tho i would leave for good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Going through it right now. I caught my husband cheating and at first he was not even sorry that he done it. He said that maybe now I could see that he would move on so I would make his life better. Well I turned the tables and showed him that I was not going to be blamed for his faults and that I was not going to bend over backwards to make him happy when he was the one that fouled up. Not me. I left him and he saw that he really loves me and needs me. We are working out our trust issues. I hope there is a happy marriage to come, but right now I just don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• There a rehab for cheating husband? Wow!hope everything works out! Kudos forbeing strong. I would have beat him left him and get child support!
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 3:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

christinkie

christinkie

• Make the best of what is left GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It can work if he is willing to change and take full responsibility for what he has done. I would imagine there were issues in the marriage but him cheating is all on him. He could have talked to you and tried to fix things he chose to be a jerk and cheat. It was a choice so if he tells you it just happened he is lying and still not taking responsibility.

My husband cheated on me with my cousin. I tried to forgive but he was not willing to be responsible. He blamed me for and he blamed our 4 month old child. I divorced him and moved on. Until they can accept full blame for what they have done there is no point in trying with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes. It took years, but we are finally to the point where I can honestly say that I trust him.

Anonymous