Did you know that more kids died of swine flu last MONTH then all of last year due to the seasonal flu?

Look it up. :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is false. Check out the CDC website. Only 43 children have died of the flu so far this year, and a very small portion of it was swine. Where are you getting your information?
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 2:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• did you know that you just freaked out every mom on cafe mom,by sharing this? my friends kid just had it and she said its not as bad as they make it sound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• did you know that you just freaked out every mom on cafe mom,by sharing this?

Naw, she only freaked out the stupid and/or gullible ones. The smart ones knew better before they read it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• stupid and not true
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• The CDC has said that most of the suspected cases of H1N1 actually were not. And besides that, we are nowhere close to the 36,000 that the seasonal flu kills annually.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

•  Most cases that cause death are because the child or adult already had a pre existing condition lowering their immunity.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• From 2007 - 2008 83 children died ( that is anyone under the age of 18)
    Since September 28, 2008, CDC has received 147 reports of influenza-associated pediatric deaths
    That is the seasonal flu
    http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/fluactivity.htm

Now Swine Flu
    Since August 30, 2009, CDC has received 43 reports of influenza-associated pediatric deaths
    http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm#MS
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I hope its not true. My precious son has had the flu awhile. He has no fever now, but hes still tired,looks pale and is not himself. What would be the warning signs of realapse? he doesnt have a fever right now just tired.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 3:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Gee thanks a facking lot! My son has the H1N1 virus right now!!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Psst...I'm not freaked out. More aggravated by this question than anything. Oh, Newbeginnings04, I read AND ASKED the doc about the fever breaking, Ya, the H1N1 virus can still be there even if you kid doesn't have a fever. Ask the doc to prescribe some Tamiflu.
    If you need to chat about it, send me an invite Newbeginnings04
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2009