would it be considered greedy to have a baby shower for a fourth kid?

Even if its a boy, and I have three girls. My parents though throwing me one for my third would be greedy, so they didn't. Also, would it be appropriate if my husband threw my baby shower since my family doesn't want to??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you have 3 girls and your having a boy then i would have a baby shower to make sure you have what you need. 4th child or not it's a different sex you need different stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Oh sorry having your hubby throw the shower is fine have fun and enjoy yourself you have a good hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Thank you! I do have a good hubby. that was nice of you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. We had showers for all 3 of mine (friends threw them for us, since we lived at a different base each time I was pregnant!). It's a celebration of a baby on the way, not just a way to get free presents.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I had a baby shower will all five of my kids. After each one I gave everything away and told myself no more kids. Go ahead have another one. have fun
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 8:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i think every new baby deserves a shower
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If you had a group of friends that wanted to throw you a baby shower, then I'd say it were ok and only because you are having a boy this time. But having your husband throw you a shower is tacky and I think it would even be inappropriate to do that even if this were your first. Having your husband throw it is the same thing as you throwing your own and that looks like you're just asking people to buy you stuff.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009