Should I say anything to my brother or sister-in-law?

I found out today that when my mother told my brother I was pregnant that he said his wife and him were mad because I'm trying to steel the spotlight away from her. But the truth is, I was pregnant already when I found out she was pregnant, i just didn't know yet. Should I tell them that, or just let it go? Never to mention how silly it is to be mad for something like that....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ya that is a bit ridiculous, I wouldnt get to worked up over it now but if they have another comment about it you should definitly let them know that what their thinking is crazy and you cant control who found out who was pregnant first,and this is not something serious at all
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• well, if there is one thing about being prego... it's the math. they should be able to do the math themselves and hopefully they are smart enough to know or speculate that you knew ahead of time. hell, at least they could figure out that they could be mature about it. personally, the only time i would say something is if it comes to a point to where their behavior would extend to how they relate to your baby. neither baby's deserve to have an argument like this. Good luck
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 4:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I was pregnant with my first son at the same time that my brothers girlfriend was also pregnant. I found out first but she was still mad that we were pregnant at the same time because she felt that my mom was more excited about my baby. I didn't say anything to her until one day when my mom took us shopping for patterns so that she could make baby quilts. She kept making comments about how my mom was picking out the prettiest stuff for me. I blew up and told her to stop being so childish. It was a bad trip and it just got worse. A couple of days later she miscarried. I felt really bad that I had fought with her. If I could take it back I would. But this was my situation. I am sure that if she had not miscarried then I would not have felt bad because she was just being awful. Maybe you should just wait, if they say anything more then try talking to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Let it go. That is nothing to get in a tff about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Pick your battles. This doesn't even qualify. She probably blurted it out without thinking. I wouldn't give it another thought.

Just enjoy your pregnancy and have fun raising your little ones together. Life is too short to let a silly comment affect even one day!

Congratulations!
    Julie411me

Answer by Julie411me at 7:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Let it go, unless he say something like that directly to you. Pretend you where never told about it. You might want to tell your mom you are going to do that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My SIL became pregnant about 10 weeks earlier than I did. We're both pretty happy about it because now both of our first babies will have a cousin the same age so when we get together they can play with each other. Maybe try to get her to see it like that? She also knew that we were trying so if she did get mad when we first told them, she kept it to herself. I mean it wasn't a huge surprise when we told people. They were excited for us, but it wasn't out of the blue or anything.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• LOL... is it her first...
    I hated all my pregnant friends when I was pregnant (there were 3 of us) because the other two were on their second but when we hung out they got soo much more attention. And I was on my first and through the pregnancy hormones I felt left out and like they did it on purpose.
    But I didnt let it get me down. They are too good of friends to lose over something so petty, I didnt even bring it up.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 8:55 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You might want to let it go, but if it bothers you. Have your mom gently mention that your due date is sooner than hers, so therefor, you were pregnant first, and couldn't be trying to upstage her. Not only that, are you supposed to hide your pregnancy in order for her have a happy pregnancy? She needs to get over it...if you guys are friends, I think this could be an awesome thing for both of you. I would have loved to have been pregnant at the same time as my friends...so we could have experienced all of it together. It's nice to have someone to understand your cravings, hormones and morning sickness.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• let it go its easier.

my dh's family acted like that when we announced #2. they said to me "oh we thought you were just getting fat". none have acknowledged #2 yet - she's 6.5 and #3 is 3.

we were "supposed to wait' for his sisters and brother to have kids before we had any more.

it hurts, especially at the holidays and family gatherings. but by moving forward you are the bigger person in it all.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2009