Maybe you forgot?

The kind of Government we have and have had.

Administration Drops Effort to Extend Medicaid Coverage for AIDS Therapies
Now some maybe too young to even know about this, So I find it relevant.
"The Clinton administration has abandoned an attempt to use Medicaid to ensure that tens of thousands of poor, HIV-infected Americans who still are relatively healthy could afford new therapies that may prolong their lives, according to federal health officials. "
This is from a December 5, 1997 Washington Post article.

Do not let the Government have control over ANY aspect of health care! It will not prove effective. You guys need to think, After Obama who do you think will be president? Are YOU okay with the thought of Sarah Palin running health care? What about Michele Bachman?

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 4:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont trust the government with my childs education...there is no way in hell I want them to be in charge of our healthcare
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

THIS, except put grandchild in place of child there.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:45 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Tell me how much better the new health care system is when your local hospital is the medical equivalent of a South Central Los Angeles High School.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• GREAT point Crissy!!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Not Palin...she ruined so many things in Alaska.......And I'm not liberal so save your attacks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Another great point..and anyone who puts that much trust in the government is just plain nuts..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Nope, nope, and nope! I don't want the government in charge of education, health-care, or anything else that should be a private decision! They can't even count money, why in God's name would I want them making decisions for my life????

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Okay, but this was from the Clinton Administration, 1997. Is the situation exactly the same? Or did Bush or Obama change that decision from 12 years ago? And what do Palin and Bachmann have to do with any of this? So far, none of what you posted is making much sense. Maybe we should all do some research ?
    Personally I am not hoping that the Republican Party gives either Palin or Bachman any positions, any nominations, ...any attention. @@ They are both not capable of leading or making good decisions for anyone. I follow the Bachmann stories...I am from her state...and she is an embarassment . She does not appeal to thinking women anywhere in the country. Even some conservative friends of mine think she is a flake. Sorry...just a fact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Strangely, I agreed with the Clinton Administration on that one, because at the time the treatments for AIDS/HIV ( although breakthrough at the time) were not that effective. People were not living that much longer or better at the time the decision was made, nor was it widely available to anyone let alone the poor.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Okay, but this was from the Clinton Administration, 1997.

Your right. It is from Clinton Admin. It shows what kind of control they have over Medicaid, which HCR is an expansion of Medicaid. Its the SAME exact HCR Hillary proposed in 1993.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009