Job

I had an interview a week ago. The Dr was going away that night and said hed get back to me in about a week. He called last night, stated I was his best candidate, but had to be fair and finish up with a couple interviews next week. How would you take this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• The fact that he called you and told you he was still interviewing, but you were still being highly considered, is a good thing--at least you're still in the running!

Many employers will say things like that--and never call you back. But for him to actually call you and tell you this, is a good thing!

But I would still keep looking, and not turn down any interview opportunities--just in case it doesn't work out.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Lots of ways. I'm always leary of a Dr doing the interviewing, because that is a good indication he is a control freak and/or has serious staff issues. Like no manager or staff he currently doesn't trust. These are busy people, so if he even called you when he said he would that's a good thing as far as how he is managing his time. still I would be a little leary because sometimes when a Dr does the interviewing it's because someone is getting fired or their are office problems they don't want other employees to know about. Especially if he is calling at odd hours when nobody is around or using his personal phone rather than calling during office hours and on an office phone like an up and up professional would do.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You need to take him at his word, unless you have reason not to. I hope that you sent a hand-written thank you note after your interview.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I look at it as this: If he liked you, he would have hired you. He is now looking for someone better because he wasn't quite sure about you. If I were you, I'd keep looking. It's not a good sign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2009