In the house, alone, no car with a convicted rapist!

My land lords handyman is a convicted rapist. He has been in jail atleast once for rape.
Today, he is coming to fix our roof and bathroom door.
I am not happy about being here, we only have 1 car, so I told DH 2 days ago, I needed it today so I can leave when the rapist gets here.
Today, he says we have no gas, so I can't take him to work!!!!
So right now, I am sitting in the house, waiting for this guy to show up!
What should I do?
I do not have a gun. I think I will go outside with DD and have a knife hidden there somewhere just in case. None of my neighbors are ever home during the day, but maybe if something happens, someone will hear me scream.
Any other tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• make some grits............ in a metal skillet...... keep it HOT....watch some Tyler Perry movies tell ya all about beatin some one LOL....keep the phone close by!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes keep your phone close to ya and your daughter also. And pray!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• ahhh most places will not do repairs without someone there. I say call and friend while he is there and let her know that a creepy guy is going to be in the house and stay out of his way.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• WTF...?

Why would anyone want to hire a rapist? That is so stupid.

Get out and go for a walk a very long walk....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If you have a cell phone take it with you so you can call 911. But try to think that this guy does not want to go back to prison and would like to keep the job he has, so you do not panic and do something crazy. I am not trying to sound unconcerned, but you do not know the conditions of his sentence and it could be that he had sex with a girl who was days or months shy of being "legal". But also remain calm and safe, stay near a phone, or go for a walk, where you know others will be! Good luck and try to be calm!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Keep the phone handy....a knife could be used against you if he overpowers you and could be very scary, get your keys and have those on you...lace them in your fingers jags facing out, and if he makes you feel uncomfortable use the keys to cut up his face with a punching/slashing motion. Basically do anything and everything to mess him up if he tries anything....go for the groin, eyes, nose...anything in reach to hurt him enough so you and your daughter can get far away. If you are running away from someone do not scream help scream fire...something to get anyone that is in their houses around you to look outside. Pound on random doors until someone opens one and say someone tried to hurt me I need a place to hide.

I will keep my fingers crossed that he isn't stupid enough to do something.
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I agree with the walk idea..or just take your kiddo outside to play away from your place. Just keep it in sight so you know when he enters and leaves. Just because he's a convicted rapist doesn't mean something will happen, but I'd still worry, too. We have many guns, so I wouldn't worry as much if I was in your shoes. =P Be safe and good luck!
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:15 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• What is a convicted rapist doing OUT OF JAIL? Are you sure about this? Or is it just a rumor? I find this whole thing hard to believe,really. So, you can't take your hubby to work becuse the car has no gas? How did he get to work?Walk? And how will he get gas for the car? Push it to the Gas Station? LOL. Hmmm? I see many holes in this story......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Why is this in the "Just for Fun" category? Its not fun question,is it? Call the landlord. Call a friend.

ARe you serious?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Rapists don't stay in jail forever. I know for a fact because the landlord (who is very chatty) told me this guy was working at the powerplant, making good money, but now can't get a job anywhere because he has a record. So He hired him to do maintenence at the chicken farm and his rentals.
    The car does not have ENOUGH gas I should have said. He has half a tank and $10 to get him through the work week, until he gets paid Thursday. So we don't have gas for me to drive back and forth and everywhere I need to go today. I will just have to wait until we have money, be stuck at the house until then!
    It is in the just for sun section because I am one who posts in answers alot and this is by far the most active section. I needed immediate answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2009