Have you ever told someone on this or any site to "Google it" when they ask about something they can just "google"?

I've seen it a lot on here, and I've been a victim of "Google it" elsewhere..why do that when the person is clearly seeking help from those who know and have experienced it? They want different views on the topic, not just a search result..y'know?

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 8:56 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah! It's like, why bother to answer at all if all they are going to tell me is 'google it' ? Thanks. I could have done that easily if I had wanted to. But, oh wait. That's right. I joined this site called Cafemom, with all these other moms on there, and there has to be at least one person who has gone, or is going through what I am right now, so I chose to ask them instead, and all I got was, 'google it'. Wow, what a great way to show support around here.
    Does that pretty much cover how you feel???
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• They're probably telling you to google it because they feel that by doing so, you'll get actuall facts and not oppinions on the topic that you're questioning.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• This is true..but opinions are preferred at times, along with facts. =]
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If it is truly information , Google it. If it is a personal opinion, you won't find an answer on Google. I have seen some questions here that need Google! ANd some others that are just plain wierd and Google won't help. LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Because it is true, many things can be easily found on google. It is just as easy to type google as it is to type a question. If the asker mentions that they have tried google themselves, then I may search and see if I can be of any help. It is frustrating at times to have a general question asked when google is right at a persons finger tips. I tell my kids to google things all the time when they have questions. It is a way to learn more about a subject etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes, and sometimes I know I'm posting something that can be figured out with Google, but really. I dont want to search through pages and pages. I just want the answer. I know it's lazy, but if someone already knows the answer, why should I go searching for it?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• chavela and Pnukey, well-said! Yall hit the nail on the head. =D And yep, that's exactly what I felt when it was said to me, chavela.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 3:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2009