my 6 year old asked me why santa doesn't bring presents to every little boy and girl what do you tell them when parents made the story up about santa but didn't say why some kids get nothin on christmas moring can't tell them there bad because not all of them are

jwertz

Asked by jwertz at 8:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Holidays

• I tell my kids that santa brings some presents and parents get the rest. This year they are gonna wonder about santa. I just dont have the money to buy then alot. My oldest 11 is asking lots of questions. he knows santa is fake but i wont admit it. Just let your children know if you believe that santa brings some presents.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I just dont know my DD never had ask me that before. But I guess I would explain the truth then it sound like he already know or suspect Santa does not exist. But until that moment came I'll keep leaving my kids to believe in Santa. Is nice for them to have a childhood illusion.

nily

Answer by nily at 9:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I think I might just explain that sometimes Santa gets busy and people have to help him out; then I'd take him to a Salvation Army tree or something and have him help pick out gifts for a child near his own age.
    mommyldwg

Answer by mommyldwg at 9:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My parents didn't have much money. Santa brought me a lot less than he did some of my classmates and I used to ask my parents similar questions. They told me that there are too many boys and girls in the world for Santa to afford to get them all something so while Santa brings the toys, mommies and daddies are the ones that pay for them. This explanation worked for me.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Thriving Mom I have told my dd that. When we go to get a name off the tree my dd doesnt understand y they would be getting little of nothing, but she likes to shop for them. I just told her we have to pay for te stuff santa brings and some donthave enough $ to have him stop buy their house. It is a hard subject but she was satisfied with that answer.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i guess i'm sitting here, scratching my head, wondering why anyone would want their child to believe in santa... learn about St. Nick... sure, but believe in santa?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well in my family beliving in Santa is part of keeping that childhood inocence in our kids. To make it fun and to wake up our kids imagination. Is a beautiful family tradition that pass from genereation to generation. Usualy our kids belive in the Santa story that he gives gifts to kids and live in the north pole. I dont know you guys but I really enjoy seeing my kids write the Santa letter and wait for Christmas eve thinking that Santa will come. Usually when they get older to know the truth we tell them and no one has ever traumatized for that because usualy when we tell them they are big enough to understand and more mature. We also teach them the truth about the real Christmas meaning the birthday of Jesus and they love to hear the story too.
    nily

Answer by nily at 2:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I don't really know...honestly, while we weren't dirt poor, we were much worse off when we (and they) were younger than we are now. Christmastime was so difficult because hubby's work was so seasonal, and in the wintertime work slowed down so drastically that we had many Christmases where we weren't sure if we were going to get to give them gifts or not. It always worked out, they never went without, but we couldn't have them putting their hopes in a magical Santa and be disappointed on Christmas morning. My kids have always known it was their dad and me.
    HomeMakin94

Answer by HomeMakin94 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I told him that sometimes kids forget to send Santa their Christmas lists or that sometimes what they asked for was out of stock so they got a rain check. There is no need into going into poverty talks with small children.
    Anonymous