Are you going to take your child to get the H1N1 shot?

If you can please explain. I am kinda in the middle, I want them to have it then again then I don't because I don't know how this new shot will affect them.

Yesterday I took them for there normal physical and to get there flu shot. The nurse told me they ran out of the flu shot and the H1N1 shot will come in sometime next week. The pedi. said to give them both shots...but I don't know yet.

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 9:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a newborn so yes my toddler will be getting one, and so will me and my husband. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but with a newborn I don't want to chance it.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• im not sure either. i keep going back and forth. our doc told us NOT to do it, so im all confused, i also just found out baby number two is on the way, so im scared that i might get the flu, i hear its really bad for pregant women to get it.... so im torn as well.
    xotatiannaxo

Answer by xotatiannaxo at 11:16 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We don't give either. In fact my kids don't have any vaccines! My Peds sent home a paper to all her kids stating that she will NOT under any circumstances administer the H1N1 vaccine. She included a list of doctors locally that will give it, but she is totally against it. She said that she does not believe it to be safe. If I had been on the fence, that would have been enough.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes
    Anonymous