Should i tell my husbands family i might be preg?

hello all! well here's the deal.i have been on birth control since august 6th (YAZ) and my period was due today and i have not got it(plan on getting a home test at the $ store today). now i know alot of you would say wait a few days, but i am never late. we have 2 kids ages 15mo on nov 4th and a 4 month old. now my hubbys family said we should be happy with the 2 we have and not have any more. i want them to be happy for us if i am indeed preg. should i tell them?

chenoa2008

Asked by chenoa2008 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wait until you are sure that you're pregnant 1st. I don't know what peoples fascination is with the whole 2 kids thing. If you can afford it I say the more the merrier.... good luck!!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Wait until you know for sure---then if you are pregnant tell DH then you both tell his parents---
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I agree. I wouldn't say anything until you're sure. As for them telling you how many kids to have, it really isn't any of their business unless they're the ones raising the kids. My mom also personally feels that a person is crazy to have more than two, but if I decided to have 6, she'll be thrilled with each and every one.
    mommyldwg

Answer by mommyldwg at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You shouldn't tell them until you get a positive pregnancy test. It can be very common to have a shorter period with Yaz. This is only your 2nd month on Yaz, I'm thinking you're being a day late is hormone related and not pregnancy related.

I'm pregnant with our third. When we told my husband's family (and mine too for that matter) they cried because they thought we shouldn't have more than 2. Who cares? You and your husband are the ones raising them.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• You are so silly eventually you will have to tell them. It is really none of their business on how many kids you guys have unless they are the ones taking care of them all of the time then I understand from their point of view.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• As long as it's just a MIGHT, I wouldn't tell anyone - probably not even DH. After I took a test and knew I was definitely pregnant I would tell DH. Eventually you'll have to share the news if you are pregnant, but you can wait a while before you do - there is no law saying you have to tell them the minute you know, and if they aren't going to be happy I'd keep it a special secret for a while and enjoy it without any negative comments for as long as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009