Are any pregnant moms out there getting the H1N1 vaccine?

agabriel1974

Asked by agabriel1974 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• After much research and talking it over with my husband, I am. My OB is getting it in, so I will get it at my next OB appointment and not have to go around sick people to get it.

I have an auto immune disease and am nearly 8 months pregnant, so my dr says that I'm at much more risk of complications from the swine flu than I am from the vaccine. She highly recommends the vaccine for all pregnant women (especially 3rd trimester).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Thanks for your answer. I am getting it too. I am 7 months pregnant and know how serious it is for us pregnant women. My OB is getting it in too. I also have a five year old, and am more worried about swine flu killing me and leaving her without a mother than the vaccine harming me. I think getting swine for pregnant women is much more of a risk. I already know one person who passed away from it. My OB says 3 of his patients has had it already and one person did not make it.
    agabriel1974

Answer by agabriel1974 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Im not getting it. Im 31 weeks pregnant and i also have a 2 year old. My two year old does not go to daycare and i do not work. No none health conditions that i know of with either my son or myself. I just dont feel like they have tested it long enough. I wanna see how everyone takes to it. I understand where alot of people are coming from as far as the swine flu shot is better. Everyone is going to do whats best for their family and getting the swine flu shot right now is not for my family. I worry enough as it is and i know that everytime my son get just the seasonal flu shot he gets really sick right after i cant imagine what the swine flu shot would do. So, Do what you feel is best. Either way your making the right decision for your family. There is alot of pros and cons to it. With me...i have to wipe down the buggies at every store which is a pain but worth it. We wash our hands daily and are taking vit. daily.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I also use alot of anti bacterial in my house and i like to wipe down light switches and door handles ect. In the end i feel better knowing my family is getting a drug im not comforable with so i have to take alot of precautions. Gl hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes I already got it on Monday, my son will be getting it as well. Too many ladies are making the decision not to based on misinformation and hype. The whole "It hasn't been tested enough" is CRAP!

It's the exact same thing as the seasonal flu vaccine used for years, only difference is the strain. Just make sure it's the non-live SHOT you get and not the nasal mist that has a live strain!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am not. My OB said to get the flu but wait on the H1N1 bc it has not been tested enough. So I am taking her advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I already got it.

I was a little tired for a day or two- and that's it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 12:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• im 31weeks & DEFINTATLY NOT GETTING IT.
    I already got the regular flu shot but REFUSE to get the H1N1 vaccine.
    I live in San Diego, CA and within the past month (the research says 10weeks)- over 20 PREGNANT WOMAN who GOT the vaccine-have died. (dont believe me? look it up on CNN or google...its true) also, one of the lead scientist who has helped make this vaccine and has been doing the testing, when asked in an interview... If he would give it to his own childeren? He SAID "NO.it's too dangerous"

because in the vaccine (FYI) there is a certian level of Mercury (same metal used in a thermointer) that is used to aid the vaccinations.
    Did you know that Mercury is the ONE DEADLIST METAL that OUR BODY'S CAN NOT ABSORB? and can kill us istantly?
    ------
    for those who got it... I hope you live a long and healthy life & if you are pregnant - i sincerely hope everything is ok w/your child
    as for me? no THANK YOU
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 12:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am getting preservative free, without the mercury. But there is more mercury in a can of tuna.
    agabriel1974

Answer by agabriel1974 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My doctor told me that I should get it but Im to worried because some shot like that make you have the flue/h1n1
    KendallsMommie1

Answer by KendallsMommie1 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009