What's up with people saying it's not good to have more than 2 kids?

How many do you have? Do you ever regret it?

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 9:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think people are afraid that your kids won't get the individual attention they need if you have more than two. I know that's why my mom doesn't agree with more than two, along with financial considerations.
    mommyldwg

Answer by mommyldwg at 9:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i have five kids and now that its almost xmas i regret it. I had them way to young and now my life isnt the same as it was when i made them and i cant give them everything they deserve. I love them all but i shouldnt have had so many kids. I should have went to college and made a better life for myself that I could depend on so that i could take care of my children better.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• That's their opinion. Do what you feel is best for your family. We have 3 and love it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have 2 kids and love it. I wanted more at one time but hub absolutely refused to have more than 2. He's not sympathetic to people who have more than 2 kids and are struggling financially and emotionally. But we had our kids 5 years apart, so basicly I have 2 only children, and it really works out well. I couldn't imagine having anymore. I like my life now lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We have 3. I love it! I want 1 more, but my tubes are tied. After DH and I are tenured in a job (we're going to school to be teachers) we are thinking about adopting. It is a HUGE financial responsibility if you want to give your child the life he/she deserves. You have to think about holidays, birthdays, college, and if you have girls you have weddings to pay for. It's also hard when they're younger and all of them want to be held at the same time. I only have 2 arms! lol. But it's all worth it. My 3 are very close. Well my first 2 are, my 3rd is only 4 months. lol. But I love knowing that they will have siblings that they can play with, confide in, and depend on. All in all, I think it's worth it. A big family suits us. But I don't think it's for everybody.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Well, I have 5 so obviously I didn't get that memo! I love my kids and would do it all again!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• People are going to complain no matter how many kids you have...I have one and don't plan on more. People question that. Me? No regrets. Sure, sometimes I think it would be nice to have a brother or sister for my daughter as she grows up, but it's just as nice to be able to devote all of my time/energy/resources to her.
    I often wonder why anyone would have more than 4 or 5, and how they balance things out, but that's really none of my business and I would never tell someone how many kids they should/shouldn't have.
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 10:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My husband and I started late in life to make a baby.... LOL... We have one son. I would change one thing and that would be to have met my husband sooner in life. I think we would have like four childern. I can say, I lived my life until 35yrs. of age without our little guy. He has been a blessing to the both of us. He looks like my husband. I love babies and childern and really the more you have the better at my house hold. I just hope in the future my son knows we have a open house policy everyone is welcome...
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have three and love having three- no regrets here! Actually, I know more people with three kids than two kids. I would consider having another one if dh wanted to, but he is completely done with three and I'm quite happy with the family we have.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We have 4 kids and I don't regret it at all. In fact, I would like to have more eventually. My oldest is 5 and my youngest is 5 weeks.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 10:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009