Is this grounds for a lawsuit?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruises/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68501013.blog what were the damages?

Asked by older at 9:41 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No it's not. To many of us are sue happy. They should have realized as they were boarding what it was just by the way that it wasn't male/female couples that they saw. I can't see how they wouldn't realize it. They should be reembursed for the cost of the tickets just as a gesture of good faith on the part of the cruise line.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No, I think they should get their money back or tickets for another cruise free. Its the same as a married couple going on a cruise that was for singles only.
    Vacation is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable, If that didn't happen because of the theme they deserve a refund.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Anon, I agree but they should have looked into the cruise too!

Answer by older at 9:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• they should have looked into the cruise too!

That is a definite, but if it was a mistake and they didn't know a refund is due!

I would hate to find myself on a singles cruise with my husband, it would be a total disappointment. I would much rather be with gay couples!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I don't think so. It was unfortunate but they should have investigated the cruise better. I would bet money had they looked at any details it would have shown what this cruise was. I wouldn't want to be on a gay cruise either but I would check to make sure what was going on. We have had to change vacation plans because of singles cruises, gay cruises and cruises catering to swingers. You have to check that stuff out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If they're so easily offended, why did they get on the boat in the first place? Did they not notice they were the only straight couple in every direction they looked?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• NotPanicking, that is a very good point, and still they took off!

Answer by older at 10:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Nope, you can't sue over stupidity.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 11:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Dang your mission as usual older. You sure your not gay? This is all you post about. Sweet Jesus lady, Come out already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I am with NP in this, it should have been pretty obvious from the get go. Personally I wouldn't care, but they still got on the boat.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009