is it safe to have sex on your first day of period?

is it possible to get pregnant if you have sex on your first day of period?

mayyoung10

Asked by mayyoung10 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There's always a possibility you'll get pregnant, no matter when you have sex. If you're worried about it and you're not on any BC just tell him to wear protection
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:51 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• it is possible but very unlikely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• unless you are using BC, no day is "safe" to have sex
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• ANY time you have sex, you can get pregnant, doesn't matter if it's on your period, your first time, or even the day after you had a baby, if you have sex, you can get pregnant.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Everyone ovulates at different times.
    My mom got pregnant with my little sister while she was on her period. I'm 22 and I have a 6 year old little sister who was a surprise. She is 100% sure that's when she got pregnant bc she said it was the only time that month she had sex.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It's not likely, but always possible. I'm currently pregnant and got pregnant with this one on the last day of my period. That is also super unlikely, but happened to me.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Same old song and dance huh? Yes its possible to get pregnant each and everytime you have sex, reguardless of birth control.
    Anonymous