I am 15 wks and getting a sonogram today. Do you think they will be able to tell if the baby is a boy or girl?

Asked by Kristy1018 at 1:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Nope. I had one about 12 weeks, and they can't tell that early. I'm about 20 or 21 weeks and they're doing an ultrasound in a few days and they'll know then.

Answer by bluiidmommy at 1:43 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Fifteen weeks is early. If it is a boy it might be visible.

Answer by bumpfashion at 3:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Even at a later week, if the babyhas it's back turned outward, you might not be able to see anything. I refused to get off the table untill the baby turned. I even used an ice back on my belly to get him to turn over! It wsnt there for hours Just a few minutes to make him move.

Answer by vbruno at 4:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I found out I was having a boy when I was about 16 weeks along. I got lucky cuz he spread his legs so we could see.

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If it is a boy, they n=might be able to tell if he's in the right position. I was 15 weeks with my second birth and they were able to tell. I was really shocked when they asked me if I wanted to know. Wasn't able to tell with my daughter until 21 weeks though

Answer by pregopenny at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2008