How can I break my 18month old from climbing??

SummerLeAnn

Asked by SummerLeAnn at 10:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't... they're just bieng kids. They grow out of it at close to 3 or 4
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• u could put stuff like a upside down laundry basket with some pillows or use something else hey can climb on to get them to not climb on unsafe stuff.i think its an every baby urge to climb
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• angelairelan, i tried that, but my son just takes it off and starts climbing, lol. Summerleann, you cant stop em., lol. its in their blood. my dh, says he wants to start putting on a helmet on our son just in case he falls, lol.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• What stopped my son was him falling off the couch. It didn't really hurt him, but it scared the crap out of him. I just went to the kitchen to get him his juice and saw him climbing on the couch. When he saw me looking at him, he just dove off so I wouldn't get him down. lol he hasn't climbed like that since. He still climbs but no diving...
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Even falling doesn't phase my son..he will fall, laugh, and get right back up and start climbing again!!
    SummerLeAnn

Answer by SummerLeAnn at 9:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2009