Do you still wear contact lenses?

I wore them for years but now I only wear my glasses I can't seem to get use to my lenses anymore. I guess once you have kids you just go by what is convenient.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

• I got laser eye surgery. I was terrified at the time, but I'm happier now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes, I wear my contacts about 75% of the time and my glasses the rest of the time. I see better with contacts (I have terrible eyes- with glasses I have poorer depth perception than with contacts so I like my contacts if I'm driving.)
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Not necessary when you become a mom you look for convenient... that also can rin your relationship with your husband if you start to let just because yuo become a mom I have a 5yrs old and pregnant and I were my glasses and contact too.
    cadmedina

Answer by cadmedina at 10:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I love contacts. I wear the kind you can sleep in and only take them out once a week to give my eyes a break. I've noticed lately they seem dry and I put in rewetting drops b4 bed and when I wake up.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I've been wearing them since I was 16. I love them. My eyesight is so bad that glasses give me a headache because of the gap between eyeglass lens and eye. I'm so used to having a contact lens stick to my eye that it's hard to adjust to glasses. I wear glasses before I go to bed to let my eyes breathe though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I used to, but got LASIK in 2007. I love it!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Id love Lasik, just cant afford it.

I wear contacts during the day and then wear my glasses in the evening time.

I need a new prescription though, my eyes have changed and when I do get to the eye dr I might end up going to glasses only (depending on contacts cost).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I tried wearing contacts when I was younger, but my eyes are to sensitive and I just couldn't. I'm going to get lasik done next year.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I've been wearing contacts since I was 13. I have terrible eye sight. My RX is -4.50 on one eye and -5.00 on the other. I wore glasses a few months ago just to try it out. I was so dizzy I guess like another person my depth perception was all messed up.
    ainstalshia

Answer by ainstalshia at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• ainstalshia, I was like that too. I felt sick when I tried to wear my glasses. I had to wear them for a whole week before my LASIK because you can't have contacts in your eyes for a week before your surgery. I constantly felt like I was in a rocking boat.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2009