If your child committed murder and you knew would you turn them in?

I myself don't know. I would rely try to convince her to turn herself in. If she didn't I would probably have to. I couldn't have something like that on my conscience. This doesn't mean I don't love her before anyone goes there and says that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• id drag his or her ass to the cops
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 10:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• That is a tough one!! I think I would but it would be really hard!

Answer by older at 10:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I don't even want to worry about it.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I would take her to the best lawyer i could find and make arrangements to have her picked up by law enforcement.Murder is a horrible thing and your child will have to live with it for the rest of his/her life regardless of how much jail time is actually served.
    rita-jo

Answer by rita-jo at 10:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Nope, sure wouldn't
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I would. I turned my dad in when I found out he raped a girl. My family hates me for it but I could not live with myself knowing this poor girl was living in fear of my dad. He actually is the only one not made at me. I have visited him in prison and still love him. I think my love for him is why I turned him in. I didn't want him to hurt anyone else but I didn't want him to hurt himself. It would break my heart but if my child could kill someone they could kill me or other family and they deserve to pay for the crimes they commit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Most people don't just go out and commit murder out of the blue. There would have been a history of troubling actions. The kid would have long ago been involved with the police.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• OP here,
    DaGoodLife why wouldn't you? If your child was murdered wouldn't you want the person caught?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• yup I would
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I mean, no one knows what they'd do in that situation. Maybe some of yall that are saying you would, might end up not turning your child in. I wouldn't try to hide her or lie for her but I would not have any part in convicting her
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:49 AM on Oct. 23, 2009