Has anyone tried the Pedi Paw on their pet?

I have this huge puppy!!! She loves for us to trim her nails , but we have to have treats for her....

goldielock37

Asked by goldielock37 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pets

• I use a dremel. Same idea, but found in the tool department.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I use a dremel tool also but i got mine from the petstore. We got one to try at work(vets office) because so many people asked up about it. It workes well although we liked it better for small dogs and it was pretty noisey louder then my dremel.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I just use a dremel too-basically the same thing.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 11:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It worked ok on our big dog but split the cats nails.
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 11:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I don't have a dremel but I used the pedi-paws on my g shepherd. I had to take the cover off and file the outer layer first so it didn't bounce around. I'm glad others use the dremel bc I can get through it much faster that way. She HATES getting her nails clipped and didn't mind the pedi-paws at all. Even with the vibrating and burning nail smell! LOL
    ny_momof3

Answer by ny_momof3 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I take my dog to the vet to get his nails trimmed! He screams! Yes, You read that right. He screams when anyone touches or tries to do anything to his nails
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:17 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I just use regular dog nail trimmers. Luckily, my two don't mind having their's cut.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:48 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• At first we tried the pet zoom thing but it didn't work very well. So we finally got the pedi paws one and it works pretty good. We cut the dogs nails first and then use the pedi paws to keep them from being jagged. We have a jack Russel beagle mix dog. We have to muzzle her when we do her nails. She is awful and would probably eat someone if we didn't.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 24, 2009

• I use the Pedi Paws on my three small dogs (daschund, terrier, and mini pin). It works well and I like the idea of not taking a chance cutting the quick if they wiggle...more like when they wiggle! LOL.
    Anonymous

• bad idea the nail can get caught in the cover my sister is a dog groomer and she recomends a dremmel
    michellej135

Answer by michellej135 at 3:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2009