Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I have a kidney infection...who do I go see?

Do I go to my ob/gyn or a regular family doctor? My uppper back is hurting me so bad I can't pick up my soon to be 2 year old, my body aches, my stomach hurts, and it feels like my bladder is never empty. >.< So, who do I see? And will they have to do anything different than usual since I'm pregnant? Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (4)
  • Call your obgyn, they'll either tell you to come in or to call your family doc

    Answer by Shyma at 10:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • since ur pregnant i would say whoever is doing ur prenatal care is the one u should call

    Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • Go to your OB. This is flu season and you should avoid the regular dr like the plague.

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:54 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

  • see your obgyn as soon as possibe I had several kidney infections while pregnant with my daughter and waht she did was make me go to the maternity ward at the hospital and get fluids by iv to was my kidneys out this took several hours the I had to have a antibiotic shot

    Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 12:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.