Really a "honey do" list?

Do i really have to make a honey do list for my hub? I think that ridiculous... for him to know what needs to be done and still need a list. I mean really?! Shoot if he wants one then i will make one but by the time i get done he prob wish he would not have asked for one. How to you go from one day hearing and talking about what needs to be done to i need a list. And how are you going to get it done when you have a tag along. seriously wth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• men need the list for motivation. And when they mark things off the list...it shows how much they did. Thats just what I think, but I thing that's what it is.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:35 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My dh knows what needs done but he likes the list so that he can see what's a priority for me. He thinks the grass needs cut while I'd really like the desk drawer fixed. Cutting firewood for him but me I'd like the shower head cleaned. He'll end up doing some of what he wants to do and some of what I want done. It just helps that he's letting me have input into what he gets done around the house which I really appreciate.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We're list people.

We have a list of what needs to be done around the house on a dry erase board. DH usually makes it and adds to it. Especially when he's getting ready to leave for an extended period of time, like now.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I make lists for myself and also lists for him. He's not always around to see what little household things bug me, so it's nice for him to look at a list and see what needs to be done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I agree, it's a hassle to have to make a list on top of already having talked to them about it. I think it's because they know they will forget something. And like someone else said, it motivates them to cross one thing off at a time.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My husband makes his own lists, but mostly they are for his school work, not for housework.
    I'm not his mother, so I don't make lists for him. If things need to be done, they will get done by one of us.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I just ask my hubby to do something if I need help. Usually he's more than willing to get right up and do whatever I ask, unless he's watching UFC then whatever it has to wait until commercials and can not take longer than 2 minutes so he doesn't miss anything =) Men are silly!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• dont give him a list...and just wait and see if he gets the things done or not..
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009