What do you think about women whose homes look messy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• My house was usually really clean but not neat or picked up---little kids always leave toys around the house. But I dOn't think it has ever been as completely messy as the one in the picture. That's kinda scary! LOL.I kept the kitchen and bathrooms clean because those rooms can become germy health hazards. But when you have kids and you are busy all the time, your house is never perfect.LOL
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• http://www.blisstree.com/autismvox/files/2009/03/messy-living-room-1-1-2002-1-00-00-am.jpg

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Same thing I did before I saw their house...it's their house, not my concern
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• how messy? lol cause mine is never spotless...always stuff out but not piled up like pack rat. I couldnt live like a pack rat..clutter drives me crazy. When I see a home like that i think thy need to haul this crap out and throw it away or give it to Goodwill. I cant enjoy the things I like in my house it thier is abunch of junk surrounding it. lol I do my dishes everyday and vaccuum alot but I have some clean laundry piled up..but I wish I could have a house where everything is in its place but its not happening for me!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• my house is clean but not tidy....

I don't judge someone by the mess in their house. unless its true filth (garbage piled up and a smell)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It depends upon how messy. Health hazard or hoarding messy makes me think something's wrong with them. Just messy, not dangerous--I think, "hey, this looks like home!"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:38 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I don't think anything cause most women are straiteners, not spotless cleaners. As for me...I don't want to spend every minute wiping the counters and such. I clean it just anough, then I go out side and pick apples with my kids and stuff. Life is to short to waist cleaning all day long.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• wow unless that's your house...that's really rude to put on here. I'm so glad that your not my friend...cause it doesn't look like your that good of one
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 11:43 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I think they have priorities that differ from those who judge people based on what they can see.

I've known a number of women who have extremely clean and tidy homes, and a very small number of them were loving mothers. Most of them were making things 'look nice' when in fact the environments of their homes were neither safe nor healthy for themselves nor their children --and not because of the amount of indoor air pollution from cleaners.

Two families come particularly to mind: both had long chore lists for their kids to do, their houses were their #1 priority (way before how their children felt about themselves) and both of them were hiding --in one case, actually covering for-- ongoing abuse. The one covering for the abuse actually threw her 12yo daughter out, in order to keep the man who was abusing them both (mom physically and daughter sexually).

Very clean houses make me leery.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• It depends. Small children, toys and a bit of clutter seems to go hand in hand. If the children are older and mom is home all day while the kids are in school then I think they house should be cleaner. If there's yesterday's supper on the table 20 hours later, dishes all of the house, trash on the floor, dog feces on the floor, etc. then I am grossed out by that. I have known a few moms where those kind of scenarios seriously apply. I am picky, I have the dishes done within 30 minutes of meal time. I could imagine pots, pans and plates from last night's supper still on the table an hour before I make tonight's supper. And animal feces....smelly cat boxes in the kitchen that are oveerflowing or dog poop here and there because no one wants to clean it up....SICK! I have helped people clean their houses and they had pots and pans with MOLD in them GROSS!
    Anonymous