i have issues paying rent and my other bills

my better got hurt at work and has been off for two weeks almost three now and we are in jeperdy of losing our apartment and car insurance also our ulities are getting hard to pay cause we lost out on alomost 900 dollars and i went to dhs but they cant help us cause we havnt been to court yet i dont where else to turn

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• How about you get a job?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Continue to contact local agencies like the Salvation Army or United Way or churches in your neighborhood, and if they cannot help you, ask them if you know of any others who might. Go to the food bank to get groceries to save money for bills. Cut off any bils you can, cable, cut back cell phone minutes, use coupons, turn off the lights as much as possible. I found that we could cut our electric by turning off everything with little green and red lights, like the computer, cable, etc. I'm sorry, but if you can "stop the bleeding" now, it will help you in the next weeks until you can get some other income. Also, sell things that you don't need on ebay or craigslist. Start watching every penny you spend cokes/coffee/fast meals. Start now, don't wait until they are trying to evict you. You can get thru this temporary time by using your money wisely.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Work from home, get some more income coming in!

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Once you do find your footing again...possibly by you going out to work while he's hurt...please learn from the lesson and build an emergency fund and get out of any debt....fast. That way you will have a buffer for times like this.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• SaraP1989 You sure have a bitchy comment for everything don't you? For a 20 year old with a child you sure think you know everything don't you? Things happen. Don't be a troll.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 24, 2009