Toddler moms, are you getting the FLU shot for your baby?

I don't mean the swine flu shot, but the flu shot in general. Just yes and no's and why or why not.

Julieann78

Asked by Julieann78 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nope. I think if he gets the flu and it's watched carefully he'll be fine.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My son is in daycare, so we decided to get him the flu shot, as he seems to pick up everything that goes around. Just the flu shot though...no swine flu.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 12:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No flu shots in my family.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• For the baby, no...for the toddler, yes.
    Anonymous

• We didn't give the flu shot the first year. If he had been in day care, I might have. He was 20 m/o before he got his first flu shot (which involved 2 shots 4 weeks apart) and this year he got the nasal spray kind (31 months). His doctor suggested it, so we did it.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 12:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• No flu shots for any of us here. We just chose not to do them.
    maliya0608

Answer by maliya0608 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes. eventually. Right now she's on antibiotics for sinus infection. The flu will be harder on her little body than mine and I get the shot. Why not have that extra protection so maybe, if she does get it, it won't be so bad. Plus she's been sick enough this year. So again, that extra protection. Plus, if the doc recommends it, we usually listen. If I couldn't/didn't trust his advice, he wouldn't be my doc. Haven't heard of anyone recommending the swine flu shot aside from the CDC, so we'll pass on that one.
    Anonymous

• We got our son and I the shot. It was free for both of us, his through the doc and mine through work. Not sure if hubby will get one or not... I figure, the worst thing that happens with these shots, is you have a small chance of getting sick and you have a sore arm. If you don't get the shot and you get the flu, you are out of comission for a week at least and we just can't afford that. We need every penny and that means I can't miss work, even for being sick
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• "My son is in daycare, so we decided to get him the flu shot, as he seems to pick up everything that goes around. Just the flu shot though...no swine flu."

Same here, my son like to kiss girls and still taste tests toys so he gets everything.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 2:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Yes. I'm a SAHM to a 3 year old and a 1 and a half year old. I'm also pregnant. All 3 of us have already gotten the seasonal flu shot. We will all 3 get the H1N1 vaccine the moment it is available.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2009