Are you supposed to wear your engagement ring on your wedding day?

Or are you supposed to wear it on your other hand or just leave it at home? Also, after the wedding, which ring are you supposed to wear closest to you?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 12:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it fits okay on the other hand, you can wear it there. Or you can give it to your maid of honor to hold til after the cerimony. It should be worn at the reception, but not the wedding... So take it, or wear it on your other hand, or in cases like the one above where they work together as one, give them both to the best man.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• The wedding ring is worn closest to you. It is suppose to be closest to your heart then the engagemnet ring after. I didnt wear the engagement ring the day of, but I did put it on soon after.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Wedding ring is closest to you. I wore my engagement ring on our wedding day but my wedding ring is a wrap band so it would like rather silly without it, lol. You could give them both to your husband and he can put both back on you, that is what I did.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I wore my engagement ring on my right hand throughout the ceremony so that the wedding band would be placed on my finger correctly. After the ceremony, I switched my engagement ring from my right hand to my left.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I wore my engagement ring before the ceremony. The band is supposed to be closest to you. You can do whatever you want though. Things have change so much.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 12:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I wore mine to the ceremony. He placed the wedding band above the engagement ring, but then afterward I switched so that the wedding band was closer to me (closer to the heart).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I wore my engagement ring on my right hand then after the ceremony put it on with my wedding band.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009