seriously wtf?

So I pick up my 13 year old sister from school everyday, because our Mom works. With all the nutty people now days we dont want her to walk allllll the way home. Well she has this little friend named Annie who we've been giving a ride to for nearly two years now. When my sister was in the 7th grade she asked if we could take this girl home cause it was on the way to our house. I asked the girl if it would be okay with her mother and she said yes. The girl walked home usually. So the girls are now in the 8th going to be 9th grade and yesterday my sister gets in the car and says "Annie said her mom doesnt want us giving her a ride anymore cause she doesnt trust us" I was like wtf??? Ive taken this kid home for 2 years and she has never come to harm... If anything she was safer with me taking her home than her walking. wth???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've always taken Annie home first thing. She gets home faster from me then walking. Her mother must be a freak! Also Her mother has decided that for the remainder of her education she is going to go live with family in their home country to learn... In IRAQ... Okay really even if that is your country why send your child there knowing all the bad stuff happening there right now? None of my business I know... But I feel bad for this kid
    Anonymous

• Sounds like Annie lied to you. And mom found out she's been getting rides home.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• First off. Did you ever talk to the mother? Or let her know you have been taking her daughter home? It may be as simple as she didn't know and doesnt' want her child in the car with someone she doesn't know. Or it could have something to do with the child herself. Maybe she has gotten in to some kind of trouble and the mother is simply trying to sheild her because she doesn't know what else to do. If it really bothers you go talk to the mother.

As for the Iraq thing, sure, they're going through a rough time over there right now, but where isn't? Here you have to be afraid of the guy next door. At least there you know the enemy.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I agree, Annie lied to you and now her mom is mad.

As for Iraq. It's not nearly as dangerous as the media makes it out to be.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Maybe the mom is an extremist of sorts, or just hates Americans, or ?. I would be so irritated too if I were you. Even if that mom didn't appreciate you, the little girl certainly did, it was very kind of you. Unfortunately it reminds me of the saying, "no good deed goes unpunished." but I do believe in karma and think that you have goodness coming your way.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Maybe she had a talk with family members from Iraq. Maybe they changed her mind about Americans. I know it does sound racist and dumb but it does happen especially with these women. Don't feel bad you did a really nice thing. Who knows maybe you saved this little girl without even knowing it.
    Anonymous

• those that dont trust give away themselves by letting us know THEY! are not trust worthy themselves,who cares abour annie,for you know she is up to no good and wants to do what she is not allowed to do,.
    Anonymous

• When I was a kid, the only time anyone got sent off to live with other family members was when they were out of control. Maybe this girl did something that you don't know about and that is why her mother is reacting so sternly. I wouldn't take it personally and I wouldn't assume it has to do with you directly. she's just trying to protect her daughter.
    Anonymous