Chris Mathews/MSNBC:Matthews: Religious right in US most like … the Taliban?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofd0WKb2tSU&feature=player_embedded

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is from the White House Aproved MSNBC, classy~isn't it?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• He's absolutely right.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 12:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Geez...more of that FAIR reporting. This isn't surprising. The left has been at war with christians for a while. Its really sad. YES there are some crazy Christians.....but they just talk crazy...they aren't blowing innocent people up! good grief.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• How Yoshi? PLEASE list the similarities....

momof030404

• equating engaging in the democratic process here in America with stonings, shari’a law, and terrorist attacks on civilians? Really? Your opinion, I suppose. Na matter how warped it is. lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Oh no. Do you guys realize what this means? He is equating Christians as terrorists. I am inferring this from that video. Well, let the Christian persecution begin.
    Anonymous

• I am a pro choice, ssm supporting religious right. I know at least 200 of me in my state (compliments of tea parties). Mathews words are off base. Obama choosing MSNBC and the left over diverse dialogue and free speech/opinions? Comments like this from Chris Mathews? The more we, conservatives spread  videos like this, the WORSE Obama will look for endorsing MSNBC over Fox. Keep it up. My tea party just sent thsi email to many church leaders throughout our state, Indiana, and Kentucky. ASking them if this is the type of news media the President of the United States should be endorsing? I suggest conservatives question WHY Obama supports these words over FOX when they go to the ballots in 2010 and again in 2012.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• weel, the bible warns christians that they willbe persecuted, even killed for believing in Jesus, this is not an easy journey, we r just passing through, our promise as christians await us, but listen: Jesus tells us a secret: that not all shall sleep or perish. ----i think toatal anihilation of christians is extremely posible in the near future, that is why its important to be right with God, so that if we do die, then we will have eternal life in our new bodies. Please read your Bibles so no one confuses you, King James versions are the best interpreted, i pray for us.
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 1:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I hate Chris Matthews, he says the stupidest things. The Religious Right is nothing like the Taliban, they are not an organized terrorist network, they just fellow their religious beliefs. Yes, I know that Islam does have a major influence middle-eastern governments and the Taliban's actions, but his statement was unprofessional and I can wait til they fire him.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 1:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• The similarities of the (extreme) Christian right and the Taliban (who are Muslim extremists) do not involve religious beliefs, because obviously they are very different (ie "Sharia law"). The similarities lie in how they try to impose their belief systems upon others...and seek to set up governments in the image of their beliefs. It's really not a hard connection to make, and I'm a Christian myself. Critical thinking is your friend! ;p
    Anonymous