Did you pick out your engagment ring, or did your Husband (or fiance) surprise you with something he picked out himself?

Mine picked it himself and did a great job! (three and a half years ago!).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My ring was my mother in law's ring, but she passed away many years before I came into the picture. I love the ring for many reasons.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• we talked about what I like , and the rest was up to him...
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Hubby picked mine out and it was the first piece of jewelry that anyone had ever bought for me. He's bought me plenty since but my engagement ring will always be my 1st :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 1:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• He picked and did a great job! He did an awesome job on the proposal too, Valentine's Day and I had NO idea he could be "romantic spontaneous". He had the ring at the proposal.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• mine did a GREAT job picking one out himself!!
    :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• we went shopping together.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We went together. I wanted an antique ring. We looked for months and I finally found the right one. We were supposed to pick it up together but he picked it up early, made an excuse to take me to dinner and surprised me with it while down on one kneee. It was perfect, because sorry, I would not want to risk him picking it out himself!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• he picked it out with his moms help, and boy even my mom got jelous of me getting a beaiutiful one kart diamond ring, while my mom had to wait 20 years for hers. Boy am i blessed
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I picked it out. We were pretty poor so we went to a local jewelry store just to look around and he said to pick. It was only a 1/5 carat. It's all we could afford and it took him 6 months to pay it off.

He got it the week before our wedding and since we couldn't afford 2 wedding bands I saved it for the actual ceremony and didn't wear it until I was actually married.

I don't have it any more. It was stolen a few years ago as was his wedding band. I rarely wore it though because it needed to be resized since I had kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We picked it out together.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009