If you received a flu shot, how much did you pay for it?

What's the most you would pay for it? (And if your insurance didn't cover it, would you still get it?)

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 1:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Health

• I live in Canada, the shots are free.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My insurance now covers it, but when I didn't have coverage the cost was about $30 and yes I used to pay that and get the flu shot. The only year I did not get the flu shot I got the flu really bad, for me it's effective. And being 7 months pregnant right now it was important to me to get both the seasonal flu shot AND the H1N1 flu shot.

I've already received both and other than the typical sore spot on my arm for a day or two I had no side effects!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I have Title 19 so I don't have to pay for it. If I had to pay for it I probably wouldn't get it if I wasn't pregnant, but since I am I got the regular flu shot and will get the H1N1 when it becomes available at my OBGYN's office.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My insurance covers flu shots for the whole family. We don't even pay co-pays for them.

Flu shots are not expensive. Even if our insurance didn't cover it, we'd all get it.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I thought flu shots are always free for those insured. Anyhow, I got my flu shot during the first week of September, I paid $25 at Walgreens because I didn't have insurance at the time (I do now). I never have side effects from flu shots.

The H1N1, I'm still thinking about it.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 3:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2009