Thud! Did you hear that?

he good news for President Obama is he is at 53% approval among American adults at the end of his third three-month “quarter” as president. Tuesday marked his ninth month in office.

That is the same percentage of the vote he received last year.

The bad news is that he was at 63% at the end of his first 3 months, and 62% at the end of this second 3 months.

“The 9-point drop in the most recent quarter is the largest Gallup has ever measured for an elected president between the second and third quarters of his term, dating back to 1953. One president who was not elected to his first term — Harry Truman — had a 13-point drop between his second and third quarters in office in 1945 and 1946,” Gallup reported.

The honeymoon is over. Thud.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/123806/Obama-Quarterly-Approval-Average-Slips-Nine-Points.aspx?CSTS=alert

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HATER !!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• OH-HI-OOOOOHHH NOOOOOO HAHHAHAHA
    Anonymous

• And??? It still can go back up or go down even further...he still has three more years...
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 1:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I think it is a representation of his priorities are off. Had he focused on small businesses and private sector jobs from the beginning, I think he would have more support, from ALL sides. Especially independents...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Did you watch Joy Behars show last night? I HAD to stop because she had ann coulter on and i wanted to see if the screen would explode........and it was so funny because Joy quoted a poll and called Fox liars, but when ANN quoted a Poll, Joy scoffed at it. I think thats the mind set. When all the polls said GWB was awful they were true. When Obamas numbers start tanking in the VERY SAME polls.....its a Fox News conspiracy. Oh AND you are a hater...lol!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• LOL, I think its cute that this kind of thing gets you all so excited. He's our president, he's doing a good job considering and he'll win again. Who cares about this number except for those of you FOAMING at the mouth about him?
    Anonymous

• lol.. momo, YUP!!! I just quoted a poll that doesn't reflect well on the GOP. I'm on the right. I am willing to analyze ALL polls. After all, if done correctly, they [polls] are the best reflection of the PEOPLE.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• And no, I didn't watch Joy's show~I cannot stand Joy's voice. She is too whiny.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Its so funny how they look for something negative printed about the President. I bet the headline is only a few minutes old and they run to the computer and post it for us. @@ Boy, they must be filled with hate for him. Polls change and it depends on who they ask but this seems to be making the conservatives really happy. I am in the middle, kinda neutral about the whole thing, but it just amuses me!!!
    Anonymous

• OP you are willing to analyze both sides..What a joke!
    Anonymous