How much did you spend on your childs 1st birthday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• quite a bit .not like 500 bucks maybe a couple hundred always have her cakes customized.
    Harley_Emmie

Answer by Harley_Emmie at 6:25 PM on Oct. 24, 2009

• My aunt made the cake cause she owns her own shop and minus the gift part about 75 for decor and food there was about 15 people there
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Um, nothing really.
    My first MIL gave her a birthday party in her home while my daughter and I were living with her a month before her birthday because her son (my used-to-be-husband) got orders for us to transfer down to VA.
    On her actual birthday I made her a cake and bought her a couple little gifts. Her and I had a nice little birthday party with just the 2 of us. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My daughter, we spent about $75 on food and the cake and decorations. Her gift was $40. The cake was $25. We had about 15 people.

For my son, we had a double birthday party, because his sister was turning 3 four days after he turned 1. I spent $32 on a 1/2 sheet cake and 24 cupcakes, about $20 on the plates and forks and napkins and $10 on decorations. So I spent a little over $60 total and about 1/2 that on my son, so $30. His gift was about $40 as well. We had about 50 people at that party.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• like 50$ on plates, napkins, decorations and meat. We had a family BBQ.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 2:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• we had a family party and I bought a cake for about $15 and made him a small cake for himself. we spent about $40 on presents. Everything else was taken care of by my parents and was no different from any other big family meal. We really didn't do it big, he isn't going to remember it, so to me it would have been a waste to do it really big. We have never been big decorators for birthdays though.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2009