What do I make for dinner if I have no money and no meat or chicken?

I have no idea, we had spagetti already, and I don't have money to go buy meat. Any ideas what I could make.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• www.supercook.com is the website I go to in these times! you list the ingredients you do have and they give you some recipe suggestions! all I had one time was the basics like flour, sugar, butter, baking soda, etc and they gave me all these muffins and casserole recipes! what do you have to work with? if you have veggies, flour, eggs and spices you could bake or fry them, you could make a casserole dish, you could have breakfast for dinner.....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Veggie stir fry
    Breakfast

Sorry those are the only two off the top of my head
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Do you have tuna? you could make a casserole...noodles, tuna, crm of mushroom soup and peas
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• When Im low I make potato taquitos all you do is boil potatoes, warm corn tortillas and put the potatoes on tortilla and fold in three to make like little tunnles then fry in oil. They are soo good. and doesnt cost alot at all.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 1:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Eggs and toast, hard boiled, scrambled, omlete with cheese of veggies or nothing.
    Pancakes.
    Tomato and macaroni soup.
    Can soups, beans or make a pot of beans it takes awhile, but rather inexpensive. Follow the directions on the bag. Good lucky Sweety. Keep smiling.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Brown or white beans and cornbread..........there good even if you don't put any bacon, ham hock, etc in them. Just add some salt, and your good to go

Perfect for this time of year!
    Give-A-Book

Answer by Give-A-Book at 2:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• omg, owl feather - i just went to that site, supercook. that is the absolute most useful website i think i've ever seen!! i don't think we will ever settle for a boring dinner ever again with the ideas it gives you!!!!!!! thanks for sharing :)
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Baked ziti. Do you have ricotta cheese?
    Anonymous

• lentil sloppy joes
    bean and rice burritos

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009