How do you deal with people who create bogus rumors about you and your life.

What posistion do you take when there are idiot people who feel that they can go around planting stories about you that have no real merit to them and stupidly wait for a reaction from you? Do you egnore them or just play along for the drama.

peacockmom

Asked by peacockmom at 2:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i u sed to have that in my life long ago.. i cut those people off. never been happier!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Ignore it. This kind of thing drives me crazy so I just vent to my friends and set the record straight when I come in contact with someone that has been fed a lie. Inside I want to beat the tar out of the offender.....but if they can make something out of nothing imagine the field day they would have if I actually gave them something to talk about! lol! So......in large part I just ingnore it.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 2:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I think that one must confront them. So people are so stupid that they actually don't know what are they doing.
    Anonymous

• I usually just cut them out of my life. I don't have time or energy for stupid high school drama crap.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Have to ignore it for the most part. I'm a military wife, and rumors run rampant on most of the bases I have been on. You have to not let things get to you, and be prepared to tell the truth when someone questions you about one of the rumors. So far, I've had about 3 or 4 rumors started about me that were not true, and about the same amount about my husband lol. Right now I would be happy if I never saw one of my so-called "friends" again, cos after she got CPS called on her by my hubby for leaving her 2 year old daughter alone at home for at least 4 hours, and her husband is divorcing her because he had to come back early from deployment to take care of their daughter, and we took her daughter when CPS said she couldn't have unsupervised visits, and she's on drugs, she tried lying and saying her and my husband had been dating lol. I KNOW that isn't true cos he's home EVERY night right after work til we go to bed. But now...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I ignore it for the most part. My real friends will know better and everyone else will think what they want. You can't do much about it, but I would also confront them...and then cut them out of my life if they were apart of it to begin with.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 2:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• he had to explain what was going on when that came up from her hubby, who is one of his best friends, and now that we know she is trying to get a LOT of people in trouble to bring them down with her, nobody believes anything she says. We're having to watch her when she's in our house too because we've heard she's trying to plant drugs in people's houses and going to call the cops anonymously to tip them off so that other people will get in trouble. What a nut job. But you just have to let the stupid rumors roll off your back and the people who are your real friends will trust you.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009