Does your SO have a "man cave"???

Lol I was just wondering because it seems to be a popular way for guys to maintain their identity/manhood. My dh's "man cave" or "guy time" is when he goes to band practice or watches football or a race. I just thought this would be a fun topic to discuss :-)

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 2:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah, mine has the garage, sometimes when we have nothing to do, he will get up and go to the garage, and i will find him just standing in the garage, like he is so board, he's thinking what he can do, its funny. my dad had a cave in the basement. i think its a guy thing.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My friends husband has a room off the garage. its the man shack. He has stuff hung on the walls and painted the bathroom ot match his fav. sports team. It has a tv where he can hide out and watch a game if he wants to.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• i guess my man's "man's time " is when he goes to the mosque to pray with the other men or study or read.. otherwise he is with me. if you call spending time on computer man time.. he does that too.. alot. LOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 2:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• We have a small 4th bedroom where his bowflex and treadmill are, and he has pictures of his favorite UFC fighters hanging up. Soooo dorky :) But if it makes him happy then I don't really care, and as long as he doesn't care my wedding dress is stored in the closet in that room. lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My hubby has a whole Man-Apartment. We have an apartment above our garage, he put a dart board and foosball table up there and there is a room in the back of the garage where he has a pool table. Now he has plans to put in a staicase to unite the room with the pool table with the apartment. He is already saving to buy arcade games, a home theater system and even an air hockey table. I don't care, he takes care of me and my babies, he deserves a little fun. Besides, I like to play games with him and once that home theater system is up we can have a family film night (he promised me) where we can watch a movie that we all can enjoy together.
    Anonymous

• Yes, the garage belongs to him. It is a workshop, no cars allowed. He gets so upset in the summer when the kids bikes and outside toys take up a corner of his space, lol. He also goes to the basement a lot when he doesn't have anything to build at the moment. The basement has a tv with all his game systems and such (rock band being played the most). There is also a ping pong table down there. My mil bought it for my fil as a Christmas present but they don't have anywhere to keep it so this dad and brothers will all come over here and hang out to play ping pong.
    Anonymous

• an oversize double garage. that my new truck doesn't fit in so there's a TON of room. lol

but recently he's been taking over half of my office to play on the computer - darn him. lol

and we're planning on a games room int he basement with pool table etc.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• yes, mine and the cats took over the other bathroom and i HATE IT!!!! the way my apartment is situated, its the bathroom everyone tends to gravitate too when visiting, even though me and him use the other one. i told him he might can have an office when we get a house, but no more bathroom stealing!! it's embarrasing when ppl go in that nightmare room lol!
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• My husband has a man cave. It's our extra bedroom. It has all his music equiptment and video game stuff. I figure I have decorating control over the rest of the house, and he gets one room to do whatever with....makes us both happy.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 4:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• If we had the space, it would be nice for him to have one.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2009