Sex and Genetics?

I know men determine the sex of the baby. On my husbands side of the family there is a long history of boys only. His brother was the first one the have a girl in decades. Is having mostly boys in a family genetic or was it just by chance? I am wondering if my chances of having a boy are much more likely than having a girl because of my husbands family history? Does anyone know?

lkuhn

Asked by lkuhn at 2:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't *know* sorry but i think it's just by chance. :)
    Anonymous

• statistically speaking, it is more likely you will have a boy, but it REALLY doen'st matter
    Anonymous

• PP is right, but it's just like a 50.2% chance of having a boy compared to a 49.8% chance of having a girl, or something like that.
    Anonymous

• I read an article that said as much and my MIL was convinced that my SIL and I were both going to have boys because of lots of boys in the families. She even bought boy flannel to make blankets and what have you with. We both had girls.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009