How families who receive Public Assistance hide their money?

This puzzles me. There are people out there that clearly don't need PA. I'm sure you know what I mean.
How do these people get more money that they already have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd rather pay the fraud investigators my tax dollars than pay for people to have PA when they don't actually need it. At least the fraud investigators would be working for it.
    Anonymous

• No I have no idea what you mean. Can you be more specific?
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• These kind of Q's just make peoples heads spin. You will just get a lot of mind your own business'. Many people dont want to close loop holes they just want to throw it out there. Good luck tho. I have been on PA and so have most of my friends and we were GRILLED and had to sign away our lives to get it.....so I dont know HOW you cheat the system, but many many do and there has to be a way to prevent that.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Don't get married. Have your BF /SO stay somewhere else. Live in Sec 8. Work under the table.

My sister, has been on PA for 6 years never had to reapply. She lives in Sec 8 she refuses to marry her SO, she works part time at walmart and under the table book keeping for some carwash place. Her SO claims to live in Tx where he is sent for work every month, he is a welder. It works pretty good for her. Oh and she has 3 kids.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• my exboss gets food stamps even though her bf gets them too and they live in the same house o and on top of that he works in a grocery store they just lie on the application they lie about how many people live in the house and my boss will work a short week and give the state that paycheck stubb and say thats what she makes all the time so they are bringing in like 400 bucks worth of free food every month they dont have kids or anything they are just greedy
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Hiding money? I suppose you could do it. But it usually does catch up to you some day. Honesty is the best policy,ya know. Lying and fraud will get ya a jail sentence. So, good luck to you if you think you can cheat at anything. @@ It makes me extremely angry when people cheat.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Wow, Army Wife...that is the longest sentence, no punctuation, I have ever seen!!!!!! And, there is another example of cheaters that you just told us about and I'm getting more angry. WHat is wrong with people?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I know what you mean, my ex landlord were on welfare. They owned the apartment building that we lived in. They bought a nice big house up the street from me and drive a mercedez. I think the apartment was under their uncles name but the were totally receiving the money from it. I know this for sure.
    Anonymous

• crissy it sounds like your actually not disgusted at what your sister is doing. Need i remind you that the people paying for all these lazy morons are us its our tax paying dollars im not willing to pay for someone who can afford to pay for food i have my own family to worry about maybe if people were more honest we wouldnt have so many problems
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I worked on the audit of a housing authority. There were some people they knew had more income but once they get the signed affadavit, there's not much else they can do unless they have real evidence. Some get child support or help from their parents that they should claim but don't becuase it's all under the table. Not all, but it does happen.

I know someone who signed an affadavit saying her husband was separated from her so she could get housing (he had a felony charge so was disqualfied). What do you do. She couldn't make it on her own and they wanted to refuse help because of a mistake he made when he was 18, almost 10 years ago? There are others who feel like they have to hide it too so they can get help.
    Anonymous