What should we do to celebrate?

We have been broke for so long and I finally found a really good paying job. What should me and my 18 month old do once I get my 1st check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You guys should go out to lunch and then Chuck E. Cheese or a movie. Go to the park and eat ice cream. Buy yourself something nice and a new toy for the little one.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 2:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Completely agree with Jguevara.

Also, maybe start a savings account in your kiddos name and deposit $5 every paycheck.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• Take a trip to a nice zoo, have lunch somewhere fun (take a picnic to the zoo maybe), or if its too cold, check out a local hands on Children's Museum. He's not too young for that :-) Have a treat day for you and him but then make sure you start yourself AND him a savings account. Yours you should try to put 10% of your pay into it if you possibly can, and his you can put $10 a week or so and it will add up to a nice little sum when he needs it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009