How long in the booster?

In Illinois kids have to be in a booster til they are 8. My dd is tall for her age and Im so excited for her to be out of the booster. We only use the little sit on ones now but it will be so nice when I dont have to worry about switching it out when she goes home with a friend. How is old/big is your child and are they still in a booster. I am afraid to hav eher in no seat at 8, but I guess I cant wait til she is 15 lol!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm in IL, too. All 4 of my kids ride in seats if available. My oldest is 9 and still in a backless booster and will be for awhile because she is only 4' tall and only weighs 45lbs. She's the size of a 5yo so she needs to be in the booster.
    My son just turned 8 and rides up front in our pick up unless one of his sisters isn't in their booster seat. Then he rides in their seat and will until he is 4'9" (he's got about 5" to grow right now).
    My middle daughter is about to turn 7 and still rides in her booster and the youngest is 3 1/2 and is in a booster with 5pt harness still. The girls will also ride in their boosters (if there is room for all of them) until they are at least 4'9"...they have a long way to go.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2009