Have you ever felt like you were on a sinking ship...

and people are "willing" to help you, but strongly advise you to stay where you are?

We're having that problem now. My DH just got laid off from his job, his pay was terrible, but it was still a paycheck coming in. We're staying with some friends now, but the apartments are incredibly expensive around here, and the ones that are cheap have deposits that are crazy since we both have shoddy credit.
He wants to move back to his home state, where his grandmother said that she'd let us stay with her, but the dogs HAVE to be outside (which I'm unhappy about, but you gotta do what you gotta do. At least we'll have them). DH already has an interview for a job down there. His dad and grandma are telling us to stay where we are, but... how? We can barely stay afloat as is, living with a friend.
What would you do? Suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go to family. You can help out his grandmother, and family is family, it is generally better to take advantage of their kindness even with the best intentions of friends. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 2:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I think it depends on why they are telling you to stay there. Do they have a good reason? I would move where I could find a job!

Answer by missanc at 3:50 PM on Oct. 23, 2009

• I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. I work with a great group of moms, we help each other to reach our financial goals. There's no selling,parties, or inventory. Plus we give free training and all the support and advice you need.
    If you would like more information, feel free to contact me at my website.

www.internetceomoms.com/deidrehill

Tigeress444

Answer by Tigeress444 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2009